|The Arura campsite at Dimboola is one of seven projects that will benefit from the Murra Warra Wind Farm 1 Sustainable Community Grants Fund.
The grant money will go towards repainting the exterior of the buildings at the campsite, south of Dimboola beside the Wimmera River.
The Fund provides financial support to promote social and environmental sustainability initiatives to benefit communities within the Horsham Rural City, Hindmarsh and Yarriambiack shires.
It is part of the wind farm’s community investment program which is managed by Wimmera Development Association.
Horsham Motor Sports Club is another to benefit, with a $20,000 grant to install a fully automated watering system at the Blue Ribbon Raceway.
The full list of successful applicants are:
Project manager Vernetta Taylor said the Fund’s Community Grants Steering Group allocated its full complement of $55,000 to large and small projects. All projects must be completed by June 30, 2022.
- Centre for Participation, Horsham - Installing solar panels at the Centre for Participation for energy savings and organisational sustainability
- Horsham Motor Sports Club - Blue Ribbon Raceway parkland project
- Enterprise Rupanyup Rupanyup - Retail Centre solar power project
- 1st Warracknabeal Cubs and Scouts - Revitalise Outdoor program
- Warracknabeal Girl Guides - Outdoor environment enhancement
- Beat the Heat Victoria Inc and Wimmera Off Street Drag Racing - Beat The Heat Youth Motorsport Mentoring Program, Warracknabeal
- Guides Victoria Dimboola - Painting of building exterior at Arura Campsite, Riverside Dimboola
“The Fund received applications for projects worth a total of $240,000, which made our evaluation process very challenging,” Mrs Taylor said.
“The committee is delighted to allocate funding to projects that will have immediate and long-lasting benefits for their local communities and the wider region.
“The Fund is an ongoing initiative with an opportunity to apply to an annual Funding round.”
An official announcement of these Fund recipients was to be held on Wednesday at the Horsham Golf Club but has had to be postponed due to the current lockdown and will be rescheduled when an in-person gathering can be arranged.