|For the first time in many years, shops in Dimboola will be open for late-night shopping this Friday evening.
More than a dozen retailers will be participating by opening into the evening and offering nibbles and drinks, that will be served in a COVID-safe manner, for shoppers on Friday 3rd December.
Special treats will include the Dimboola Imaginarium will be providing champagne and nibbles, and Balmain Arts will be offering vegan shortbreads and drinks for the occasion.
Customers are encouraged to visit each shop and graze on the food and drinks while doing their Christmas shopping, catching up with friends and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere, all while supporting local businesses.
The event was initiated by Stacey Taig, the Ambassador for West Vic Business, which was previously Business Horsham, and is aimed at boosting retail support for smaller towns.
This Dimboola event, which is also supported by the Hindmarsh Shire Council, is a case study to judge the popularity of such an occasion. If successful, similar events will be held in other Wimmera towns next year.
A bus will run from Horsham on Friday evening allowing shoppers from further afield to enjoy the experience without the need to drive. The bus is departing Roberts Place in Horsham at 5.30pm. For further details, see the West Vic Business Facebook page.
Dimboola businesses that are participating include:
- Andrew Bertuleit Photography - Photographic artwork
- Dimboola Vintage - Vintage goods and original creations
- Rural Industry - Collectables and homewares
- Tilley and Mango - Original artwork and gifts
- Hooked on Classics - Car related gifts
- Balmain Arts - Artwork and supplies
- 2 J’s Gifts - Giftware
- Harris Mensland - Clothing
- Wimmera Native Nursery - Plants
- Dimboola Imaginarium - Gifts
- Dimboola Store - Gifts and refreshments
- Dimboola Olive Estate - Olive Oils
- Gateway Shop - Craft and Gifts